Our main goals for 2011 are:
- $1,000,000 invested as a team by end of 2012
- $15,000 loans made through the Team Fund by end of 2012
- 3,000 Team Members by end of 2012
The New York Team Fund
Too often, lenders start off active but then forget or are too busy to go back and reloan that money once they are repayed. However, they still want to make a difference. We have a solution for you and have created a non-withdrawable Lending Fund that will provide Kiva Loans ad infinitum.
This fund is set-up on auto-loan, so it will be managed for as long as Kiva exists. Gift certificates sent to this fund are non-withdrawable, ensuring that your donations will always go to finance loans. Money raised from our events will go towards this fund, or donors can specify their donation specifically for this fund. This is how you can help:
- Support one of our fundraising events, including our happy hour socials. Check out upcoming events page.
- Or click here to send a donation in the form of a gift certificate.
- Enter this email address in the gift certificate: KivaNewYork@gmail.com
- You can visit the Kiva New York Team Fund lender page to view what loans we have funded or view our spreadsheet of loans.
- Watch our calendar and our Facebook fan page for details on our upcoming fundraising events!
Kiva NY Outreach Efforts
We want to reach out to all of New York City and get as many people involved with Kiva as possible. We have several ideas to accomplish this and could use volunteers to work on these projects! We want new Kiva users to join the New York team to receive our updates and learn how we’re reaching out to New York City. Your increased lending has an increase on our impact through Kiva. We’re here to provide support for you as you reach out to other New Yorkers and explore more ways to increase involvement.
- We are collaborating with other microfinance organizations in the New York area.
- We are presenting to other groups that want to hear about Kiva.